This will make your life easier and will make it more likely that the right impression is made.
In one page we have summarised a simple, practical approach you can use to prepare a great investor presentation. This process will also save you time.
1. Do not even think of opening PowerPoint yet
2. Summarise your investment story in one line – a good elevator pitch shows that you understand what is important in your business and that you are good at getting to the heart of the matter
3. Explain the problem you are solving – every business solves a problem. Starbucks, Amazon, Google, – all started with a problem in mind
4. Explain why people are buying from you – so many people forget the most important part of a good pitch is a real understanding of your customers
5. Explain how you make money – how does the money flow through the business where does it come in and where does it go out. What makes sure there is more coming in, and what will slow it down
6. Demonstrate what you have achieved so far– ideas are all very well, but what counts is how you will make it work. Success to date is a good way to test the quality of management
7. Describe the competition and how you are different – a healthy respect for the competition, and an understanding of both direct competitors and substitutes shows that you have your feet on the ground
8. Show you understand what is difficult – and the risks, and what you are doing to address them
9. Illustrate what your priorities are – and what you are doing now
10. Highlight how the money raised will be used – and the return it will give to investors
11. Give a clear realistic vision – of where the business will be in the future
This is one approach you can use. For every business, for every funding situation, the approach will be different.
If these guidelines are not enough for you – or if your situation requires something special, then do not hesitate to get in touch. We’ve helped countless businesses create great investor stories, great fund raising presentations and great roadshow preparations.
Fundraising presentations are hard work. You're bombarded with challenging questions from investors, worn out by long days, and struggling to...
Investment decision-making is not totally rational. Are you using all the tools at your disposal to create and deliver persuasive...
Do your public speaking skills inspire, motivate and influence others? They should. Many leaders are nervous of public speaking. Some...
A great investor pitch book is at the heart of successful fundraising. You use it to capture the essence of...
Better Body Language We all know that body language is important in business. But how important? And does is really...
How can you be seen as a top 1% fund by investors? At SuperReturn Emerging Markets in Amsterdam, experienced LPs...
A great elevator pitch is an essential part of your toolkit Last month I chaired the Quickfire Showcase at Berlin’s...
You must prepare for media interviews The excruciating Newsnight interview with Treasury Minister Chloe Smith this summer is one example of...
These days, we are writing more than ever. That means it’s harder than ever to grab attention. Your readers have...
When an investor questions how you calculated your Private Equity fund's performance, how do you react? If an investor asks...
How do you choose a public speaking coach? When selecting a public speaking coach or presentation trainer, you want to work...
How To Use Powerful Language For Leadership Communications Great leaders use Power Language. It adds interest and colour to...
So What? is probably your most important question. When you put your talk or presentation together, how do you decide what...
What do LPs want from private equity funds at first investor meetings? That's the question I put to the panel...
What do investors really want? Six tips We wrote this piece with our Private Equity clients in mind. But there...
Do you want to give high impact talks and presentations? Do you want to engage your audience? And do you want...
How to tell a great business story Leaders use storytelling so that audiences listen, remember and act on what they...
How do you make your investment pitch more memorable? It's a real challenge these days. Investors have more opportunities than...
Your leadership talks need to be persuasive As a leader, every talk or presentation you give is an exercise in persuasion....
A well-crafted private equity pitch book can make the difference between securing a first meeting with investors and getting a...
Our Most Popular Coaching Programmes
“BBA transformed our pitch into a compelling investment narrative. They undoubtedly helped us secure Sky TV as an investor.”
Gerry Bastable Director, Blast Films
“The new presentation properly represents the institutional quality of our fund. It has been a step change for us.”
Erwin de Kleijn Head of IR, Saemor Capital
“We were very pleased…[BBA] helped us define and explain our unique value proposition. As a result we have attracted new and different investors.”
Florian Kemmerich Managing Partner, Bamboo Capital Partners
Client Services Director
+44 (0)20 7018 0922