In this case, Imagine you are a fund looking for investors
FIRST – WHAT NOT TO DO
– Don’t rush
– Don’t just pack the encounter with facts
– Don’t do all the talking
– Don’t aim to run through a scripted pitch
INSTEAD – PREPARE USING THESE 10 STEPS:
1. Start with an introduction and a swap of cards – learn the other person’s name
2. Ask some questions first – for example, to an investor, ‘What type of investments are you looking for now’
3. Listen to the answer for clues that tie their needs with what you offer
4. If there is clearly no fit, say so – but ask if they would be interested in hearing more – in case they know someone who might be interested
5. Have a strong one-line introduction to your elevator pitch which sums up your offer in a different way. Make this one-liner memorable. E.g. at Benjamin Ball Associates we say “We help senior management be more effective in how they Pitch, Present & Persuade
6. If they are interested, go on and say more. Unfold what you offer bit by bit. Keep checking you have interest and understanding at each stage
7. You should be in a dialogue by now. Keep asking questions
8. Finish with a summary of what you have discussed
9. Agree next steps
10. Keep your promises and follow up
Fundraising presentations are hard work. You're bombarded with challenging questions from investors, worn out by long days, and struggling to...
Investment decision-making is not totally rational. Are you using all the tools at your disposal to create and deliver persuasive...
Do your public speaking skills inspire, motivate and influence others? They should. Many leaders are nervous of public speaking. Some...
A great investor pitch book is at the heart of successful fundraising. It should capture the essence of your business...
Better Body Language We all know that body language is important in business. But how important? And does is really...
How can you be seen as a top 1% fund by investors? At SuperReturn Emerging Markets in Amsterdam, experienced LPs...
A great elevator pitch is an essential part of your toolkit Last month I chaired the Quickfire Showcase at Berlin’s...
Better Media Interviews The excruciating Newsnight interview with Treasury Minister Chloe Smith this summer is just one example of how poor preparation...
These days, we are writing more than ever. That means it’s harder than ever to grab attention. Your readers have...
When an investor questions how you calculated your Private Equity fund's performance, how do you react? If an investor asks...
How do you choose a public speaking coach? When selecting a public speaking coach or presentation trainer, you want to work...
How To Harness Powerful Language For Leadership Communications Great leaders use Power Language to add interest and colour to what...
When you put your talk or presentation together, how do you decide what to include and what to leave out? Use...
What do LPs want from private equity funds at first investor meetings? That's the question I put to the panel...
While we wrote this piece with our Private Equity clients in mind, there are good lessons here for anyone pitching...
Do you want to give high impact talks and presentations? Do you want to engage your audience? And do you want...
Leaders use storytelling so that audiences listen, remember and act on what they say. In fact, stories are “the single...
How do you make your investment pitch more memorable? It's a real challenge these days. Investors have more opportunities than...
Your leadership talks need to be persuasive As a leader, every talk or presentation you give is an exercise in persuasion....
A well-crafted private equity pitch book can make the difference between securing a first meeting with investors and getting a...
Our Most Popular Coaching Programmes
Contact Us Now
“The new presentation properly represents the institutional quality of our fund. It has been a step change for us.”
Erwin de Kleijn Head of IR, Saemor Capital
“This training has contributed directly to new business – including a new FTSE100 client.”
Michelle Elstein Head of Business Development, Olswang LLP
“BBA transformed our pitch into a compelling investment narrative. They undoubtedly helped us secure Sky TV as an investor.”
Gerry Bastable Director, Blast Films
Client Services Director
+44 (0)20 7018 0922