Ten Commandments for A Great Conference Talk
August 21, 2015
While every conference talk is different, there are some rules that apply to any talk. These simple rules, can make your conference talk into a great conference talk.
Because ignoring these commandments will lead you into Death by PowerPoint.
1. Thou shalt aim to entertain and inform thy audience
2. Thou shalt not rely on PowerPoint
3. Thou shalt grab thy audience’s attention in the first twenty seconds
4. Thou shalt speak up and put energy into your talk
5. Thou shalt not use long and complex sentences
6. Thou shalt use all the proven rhetorical techniques available to you
7. Thou shalt stick to a few big idea and not get bogged in detail
8. Thou shalt be clear what benefit thy audience will get from thy talk
9. Thou shalt not use the presentation just to plug thy company
10.Thou shalt practice sufficiently to be on top form on the day
Start your journey to world-class public speaking skills today
First, download our free ebook to start your journey towards becoming a Powerful Presenter.
You’ll learn our 5-step process for transforming dull, forgettable and un-engaging presentations into your most Powerful Presentations yet: inspirational, memorable and persuasive.
It’s full of practical tips and insightful quotes that will help you make immediate improvements to your leadership talks and presentations, including:
- Increased confidence when you talk and present.
- Improved ability to persuade your audience.
- Greater engagement with your audience.
- Practical ways to plan and structure your talks.
- The inspiration and motivation to change.
Download your free copy of our Five Steps to Transform your Leadership Talks ebook now.
Or, even better, contact us
If you really want to get better at conference talks, speak to us. With just a few hours of coaching, you can transform your public speaking skills.
Contact us for a chat about how Benjamin Ball Associates can help you.
What leaders say about Benjamin Ball Associates
"Essential if you are going to be a spokesperson for your business"
Senior Analyst, Sloane Robinson
"Being an effective communicator is essential to get your stock ideas across. This course is exactly what's needed to help you do just that!"
CEO, Blast! Films
“Our investment in the coaching has paid for itself many times over.”
Corporate Finance House
“You address 95% of the issues in a quarter of the time of your competitor.”
“Good insight and a great toolbox to improve on my presentations and delivery of messages to not only boards, analysts and shareholders but to all audiences”
“We had a good story to tell, but you helped us deliver it more coherently and more positively.”
CEO, IPSO Ventures
“Ben did a great job on our presentation. He transformed an ordinary set of slides into a great presentation with a clear message. Would definitely use him again and recommend him highly.”
“Moved our presentation into a different league and undoubtedly improved the outcome and offer we received.”
Head of IR, Equinox
“A fantastic job reviewing and transforming our marketing material and helping us get our message across with clarity to potential investors.”