Because ignoring these commandments will lead you into Death by PowerPoint.
1. Thou shalt aim to entertain and inform thy audience
2. Thou shalt not rely on PowerPoint
3. Thou shalt grab thy audience’s attention in the first twenty seconds
4. Thou shalt speak up and put energy into your talk
5. Thou shalt not use long and complex sentences
6. Thou shalt use all the proven rhetorical techniques available to you
7. Thou shalt stick to a few big idea and not get bogged in detail
8. Thou shalt be clear what benefit thy audience will get from thy talk
9. Thou shalt not use the presentation as a way to plug thy company
10.Thou shalt practice sufficiently to be on top form on the day
First, download our free ebook to start your journey towards becoming a Powerful Presenter.
You’ll learn our 5-step process for transforming dull, forgettable and un-engaging presentations into your most Powerful Presentations yet: inspirational, memorable and persuasive.
It’s full of practical tips and insightful quotes that will help you make immediate improvements to your leadership talks and presentations, including:
Download your free copy of our Five Steps to Improve your Leadership Talks ebook now.
Do you know what you want to say, and the order you want to say it in? Try this quick test of...
Investment decision-making is not a wholly rational process. Are you using all the tools at your disposal to create and...
Winning a competitive pitch Our client, a leading Financial PR agency, was ready. They’d prepared a new business pitch for...
You could shoot to fame for all the wrong reasons if a bad media interview goes viral. Unprepared, rude or flippant comments...
Better Body Language We all know that body language is important in business. But how important? And does is really...
We all feel nervous when we talk in public. This is a good thing. If we didn’t feel nervous, then...
A weak elevator pitch is a wasted opportunity Last month I chaired the Quickfire Showcase at Berlin’s SuperReturn, the annual...
Better Media Interviews The excruciating Newsnight interview with Treasury Minister Chloe Smith this summer is just one example of how poor preparation...
“I honestly thought it was the most valuable 3 hours I’ve spent with anyone in a long time.”
Mick May CEO, Blue Sky
“The new presentation properly represents the institutional quality of our fund. It has been a step change of us.”
Erwin de Klein Head of IR, Saemor Capital
“This training has contributed directly to new business – including a new FTSE100 client.”
Michelle Elstein Head of Business Development, Olswang LLP
“Good value, and highly recommended.”
Paul Farrow Director, Fishburn Hedges